Introducing The Actor’s Company – a new course for APS alumni and emerging, early career actors.
How do I practice regularly?
How do I get casting agents to see my work?
How do I keep building up my contacts and find like-minded artistic souls?
How can I afford to partake in both productions and keep training?
The APS Company is an answer to all of these questions.
You will have the chance to work with a professional director closely over the course of two productions, giving you a rare opportunity to narrow in on improving specific skill sets.
At a glance:
- Six month program for APS alumni and emerging, early career actors to train and perform together in an Ensemble
- Act in two full productions helmed by professional director Robert Johnson
- Both productions to be promoted and marketed to outside audiences
- Invited industry figures, casting agents, producers, artistic directors and other key figures
- Enabling you to be seen in the best light by the performing arts industry
- Complimented by workshops and opportunities led by industry professionals on various aspects of theatre-making and acting, making sure your skills stay sharp and your horizons are continually pushed
- Be exposed to a range of professional theatre makers, improving both your skills and your employability
Join a group of like-minded ambitious young performers, and be seen working on incredibly challenging and exciting texts.
William Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure, and Henrik Ibsen’s Peer Gynt. Together with director Robert Johnson ambitiously tackle two gigantic plays, committing to presenting them in a modern context with as much daring, power and sheer fun as you can possibly imagine.
Robert is a director, dramaturg and playwright based in Sydney and Melbourne. He has a Bachelor of Performing Arts from Monash Unviersity and a Masters of Directing for Performance from Melbourne University, and has studied directing at VCA and NIDA. He runs independent theatre company ‘Burning House’, for which he has directed and produced The Tragedy of Coriolanus, Ajax, Summerfolk and The Most Lamentable Roman Tragedy of Titus Andronicus.
See Rob’s full bio here.
Measure for Measure:
Rehearsals: 9.30am – 4.30pm Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9th July – 21st August
Performance week: 25th – 31st August
Rehearsals: 9.30am – 4.30pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays 24th September – 20th November
Performance week: 25th – 29th of November
Fees: $3,420 for the semester (includes acting in 2 productions) + $10 audition fee (APS alumni excempt).
60% of fees due 2nd of July.
20% of fees due 18th of August.
20% of final fees due 17th of September.
With questions regarding payment, please contact the office.
Application is by audition.
Applicants will be asked to prepare 1 Shakespeare monologue of their choice to perform for the audition panel.
To apply: Fill in the ‘register to audition’ application form by clicking the green “Audition are open” button on this page. Once the form and non-refundable $10 processing fee (APS alumni exempt) have been submitted, you will receive an audition date/time.
AUDITIONS START 18th MARCH
AUDITIONS CLOSE 29th MAY
A fantastic opportunity to increase your skill set.
Limited places available, book your audition today!
No Reviews found for this course.